Friday 10 January 2014

Funnel Cakes in the UK

Me and Mr C have been attempting to make funnel cakes. Funnel cake is an American desert made from a batter that is poured into oil then fried, it tastes like a mix between pancakes and doughnuts. They are usual dusted with icing sugar but you can put what you like on them they are very versatile (I put sugar and cinnamon on mine yum). I found the recipe through Pintrest here's a link. I had to adapt the recipe to grams as I don't like cup measures. I was surprised to find Bisquick in the UK as I know its usually only found in American import shops over here, but Betty Crocker make one that works well and that's what we used.
We burnt the cakes to start with as we had the oil too hot (I don't have a sugar thermometer yet) but after that they turned out much better.









0 comments:

Post a Comment