Tuesday 21 January 2014

Steampunk Rainbowdash

Over summer a good friend of mine Jon decided he would have a Steampunk party to celebrate his birthday. It was pretty cool he made and posted us all invitations that were in-keeping with the theme and wax sealed witch was a nice touch.
As it was his birthday and it was Steampunk themed it seemed like a good excuse to make him a Steampunked Rainbowdash as he is a Brony after all.
I bought one of the small My Little Pony figures (I think it was one of the mask party ones) and a little tub of watch bits off eBay, then got painting and gluing.

The goggles and harness are made from string that was glued to the pony then painted. The yellow "glass" in the goggles is made from yellow acrylic paint mixed with a gloss acrylic medium, its really good stuff for making a translucent effect.

I just got Picas, oh my gosh does it feel like its stealing all my internet and making my mac go slow, but it does make nice pictures like this one.


0 comments:

Post a Comment